Welcome to Resoundsound Mastering! I am Ilpo Kärkkäinen – also known as Resound.
Here are some key facts about my mastering service:
- I have 10 years of experience doing mastering work and 23 years in music production.
- I will gladly listen to your music during production/mixing and offer you my advice before we actually go into mastering.
- I work in a measured and treated room with great conversion (Prism Sound Titan) and calibrated monitoring (Adam S2X + Sonarworks).
- My setup is a hybrid of analog gear and the best software (UAD, Tokyo Dawn Labs, Brainworx, Oeksound, iZotope RX advanced & Ozone advanced, Newfangled Audio, Waves, FabFilter, Slate Digital, etc).
“If Ilpo was a footballer he’d be Gareth Bale because he has always been good but now he’s one of the best no doubt.”– Steve Carr (Digital / Function Records)
“Thank you for doing the masters, they sound so lush, I am very happy with the end product.”– Jamie Jochacy / Literature Recordings
“I’ve always been really happy with your work. You’ll always have business from us.”– Brian Kawamura (Translation Recordings)
“Shout to Ilpo – quick turnaround on mastering, great sound achieved IMO and friendly service.”– Dave Knights
“We strongly recommend a lot of labels should look into this seriously. The amount of badly mastered digital tracks we receive from small labels is big, and a service like this is the cure for that. Big up!”Digital Tunes music store
“I recommend this geezer 100%.”Glenn Grip (Physics / Midnight Sun Recordings, Metalheadz, Mac II)
“Your mastering has blown me away!”– R. McConnell (Dubmonger, aka Morphy)
Services and Pricing
Please note: Prices for EU customers are subject to VAT. Please see details below.
45 € / 1 song (+ VAT if applicable).
Includes 1 master in the formats of your choice (16 bit / 44.1 kHz WAV unless specified otherwise).
Recalls & revisions:
Free of charge (reasonable amount and assuming premaster doesn’t change).
Adjustment for new premaster after work has started:
+ 10 € / song (+ VAT if applicable).
Stem mastering (up to 8 mixed stereo tracks):
75 € / 1 song (+ VATif applicable).
Express delivery (within 24 hours from submission of the premaster):
+ 15 € / song (+ VAT if applicable). Not always available.
Value Added Tax
Prices for EU customers are subject to VAT. If you are:
- From outside the EU: no VAT is added.
- Company inside the EU and outside Finland: no VAT is added (reverse charge). Valid EU VAT ID required.
- Company inside Finland: Finnish VAT 24% is added.
- Individual inside the EU: Finnish VAT 24% is added.
- Email me via the contact form below or directly to [email protected] with these details:
- What service are you interested in? How many songs or stems?
- Do you want me to listen and give feedback during mixing / production? I will gladly do that if you have time.
- Your billing details: name, address, EU VAT ID (for companies within the EU).
- I will then confirm the cost and schedule with you.
- Payments: Clients in U.S., UK, Australia and Finland: domestic bank accounts are available for local bank transfer. For everyone else (or if you want to use a credit card): payments are handled securely via PayPal. I will send an invoice via email.
Guidelines for submitting files
- Render/bounce files in 24 or 32 bit WAV or AIFF format. Use the same sample rate you work at (typically 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz or 96 kHz).
- Be careful with any processing on your master bus. I won’t say you shouldn’t use any compression, EQ or even limiting on your master bus. You can, if that is the sound you want, if you can be certain you are doing it correctly and not getting any accidental artefacts, and if you can trust what you are hearing.
- Don’t worry about the exact amount of headroom in your premaster/stems. I will manually adjust for the correct headroom at the beginning of the process in any case. As long as it’s not clipping and it’s not peaking much less than -8 dBFS, you are just fine.
- Send me files via a service of your choice. I recommend WeTransfer – it’s free, easy and reliable.
- Include reference music and notes if you have some.
- Let me know what are your destination platforms (for example, CD/vinyl/Spotify/iTunes?) so that I can adjust my work accordingly.