This page outlines the ways Resoundsound is storing and using your information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
You may choose to opt in to our email newsletter. For this purpose we only collect your email address in order to send you the emails you have requested. No other data (such as your name) is collected for this purpose.
Email address collection methods
- Your data is collected via the ConvertKit email sign-up form.
- All previous contacts on list were deleted on 25th May, 2018.
The email newsletter includes the following
- Educational videos and reviews from YouTube.
- Blog articles and other written resources.
Your email address will be stored
- Securely on one ConvertKit list titled “resoundsound”. Nothing is stored outside ConvertKit’s secure servers.
- ConvertKit is a secure, GDPR and privacy shield compliant email storage and campaign builder used by popular brands.
Your email address will not be shared
- Resoundsound collects and stores only your email address and first name in order to send you the emails you have requested. We do not share your information with 3rd parties.
- Resoundsound does not collect or store information about your any other personal details.
Can I unsubscribe from the email list?
- Yes – you can find the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
- You can also email me directly at [email protected] and I will remove you from the list upon request.
- All your information will be removed from the system.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you choose to opt in to our email newsletter, your email address will be retained for as long as you choose to stay subscribed. You can unsubscribe at any time. All email subscribers have been requested to reconfirm their consent before 25th May, 2018. Those who did not reconfirm their subscription were deleted from the email list.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments are checked through Akismet – an automated spam detection service.
If you have chosen to subscribe to our email newsletter, your email address is stored securely on ConvertKit’s servers. ConvertKit is a secure email storage and campaign builder used by popular brands. Read about ConvertKit privacy: here.
- Commercial partnership with brands I trust allows me to continue to run resoundsound.com and it’s related operations.
- It covers the fees for services and providers required to run resoundsound.com, including but not limited to: secure and reliable web hosting and email services, design, upkeep and other costs.
- Please note there will be posts, articles or videos with content about companies and products I am commercially affiliated with.
- This includes affiliate links which help to support the channel by taking small cuts from your purchases, at no additional cost to you.
- None of it affects my opinion. I only ever recommend products that I myself have found useful. I choose my partners carefully.
- I never advice you to invest money in anything unless you are sure it’s something you really need.
Please email me directly if you have any concerns