Do you want your mixdowns to sound nice and loud?
Quite often with problematic mixdown projects I get, the trouble can be traced back to the arrange.
Very commonly there is simply too much going on.
The decisions you make in the arrange often affect your mix much more than any leveling, EQ, compression or other work you do “in the mix”.
E´ molto importante!
You must arrange in a way that supports your mix instead of creating problems.
- Avoid collision of frequencies in your main elements.
- The busier the mix -> the more audio energy it contains -> the less dynamics it has.
- Be smart with details – don’t make your ideas fight each other for attention (unless that is your idea).
- Let it have space to breathe, give the listener a chance to comprehend and take it all in.
- Fine tune the micro timing of your elements and how they play together. This is easy to overlook.
Less is more.